Inactivity alert Issues

Hi,

We got several inactivity alerts setup, but we still get messages that the incoming has no activity even when there is a task created every day:

This brings back a lot of confusion on how this setting works and clutters our alerts inbox.
This process is an important process for us and we need to make sure it runs daily. I have not found another way to monitor this in Alumio yet.

There are a few issues with this alert which could be addressed by creating some additional features I think.

First of all, I think the limit is not high enough.
As you see below the limit 1440 minutes which stands for 24 hours. When you run a daily job this can be inaccurate very quickly when one of the processes has a small delay when retrieving the incoming. For example the size could be a bit bigger than normally and then you will miss the mark compared to the last task running.

Also the form does not have a check time setting. If you could set a certain time, for example 07:00 in the morning, to check if the job has created an task in the last 24 hours the alert gets so much more value. Then you can account for any delays or what so every

Next to that, I think there are a few cases where people would run tasks weekly or even monthly and this alert does not cover that.

Hi @Rickvzanden,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue.

We will have to pass it on to the team for further investigation. We will get back to you once we have an update.

Hi @Rickvzanden,

Thank you for waiting. We would like to inform you that we already have a story on our backlog that may be similar to the case you experienced.

The story was created to implement an ability to choose a timespan when the alert configuration needs to check the inactivity (no task creation). So if there are no tasks created during the predefined timespan, an alert will be fired.

Please let us know if it doesn’t relate to your case.