Webhook Response JMESPath

Hi,

I just set up a webhook but can’t seem to be able to use JMESPath for the response.
The note at the bottom of the field " &{} Placeholders are supported" is also missing. Does this mean that this is not supported here, if so how do i return my ‘dynamic’ response back to the user?

Added a screenshot of the field I’m talking about.

Hi Rolf,

The Webhook is meant for asynchronous tasks. Think of an ERP which sends out a hook whenever stock has changed. Tasks created via the Webhook → Incoming → Route method can be queued within Alumio’s normal Task Queue, or a Webhook can even trigger multiple Incomings or multiple routes. This means that the Webhook mechanic is very powerful for many use-cases (in the case of the ERP stock-webhook, we have a client which sends the stock-update to 3 different systems).

If you want to create a dynamic response, you’ll have to use Alumio’s HTTP Proxy system. (Connections → HTTP Proxies). The HTTP Proxy does not use the Incoming → Route → Outgoing system, but delivers a realtime result.

Alumio has significantly upgraded this system in the last 6 months, so you can use different Entity Transformers within the HTTP proxy, and a call to the proxy is also logged your Tasks (so you can see failures etc.).

The only drawback of the system (feature request, hint-hint) is that it requires you to do a call to a different system. Sometimes this’ll be useful, but I often just retrieve data from a storage with a HTTP Proxy, and then I’ll still have to do a call to another endpoint.

(This is likely because this system was originally meant to be an “in-between” for two systems. So for example you have an outgoing call to get stock from system A, and an incoming call to retrieve stock in system B. In that case you only want some slight mapping and authentication in between)

1 Like

You can achieve this by using the HTTP Proxie and calling the Alumio API itself as the ‘different system’

Have your HTTP Proxie do a POST Request to the Alumio API endpoint ‘https://uat-ledloket.alumio.com/api/v1/transformers/execute’ with the following body:

{
  "entities": [
    {
      "Some_key": "Your Data",
      "Another_Key": "More Data"
    }
  ],
  "specification": {
    "prototype": "chain",
    "parameters": {
      "transformers": [
        "transformer-identifier"